WindChain is determined the climate goals of Paris can be met while preserving prosperity and economic growth by having excellent professionals who direct and lead sustainable projects.
Having sufficient knowledge, skills and experience in your team is key to make your projects a success. The goal of WindChain is to accelerate the energy transition by providing engineering- and project management services that help you to realize your sustainable energy projects within time and budget in accordance with contractual agreements.
Who we are
WindChain is a group of Dutch seasoned and passionate professionals ready to support you in the cycle of development & policies, engineering, contracting and construction, O&M and removal & renewal of renewable energy projects. We work from a basis of knowledge, expertise and experience. And we take responsibility.
WindChain has proven to be a reliable partner to realize sustainable projects for utilities, contractors and governments. Already since 2000 we have been involved in the realization of 1000+ MW of wind power, both onshore and offshore, both small and large, from T&I to EPCI and Turnkey in Europe, Africa and the Americas, both on contractor’s side as well as on employer’s side.
We’ve worked with all large players in the renewable energy market like contractors, project developers, grid operators, municipalities & governments, windturbine manufacturer as there are GE Renewables, Vestas, REPower, Vattenfall, Shell, NoordzeeWind, Equinor, TenneT, YARD Energy, CG Holding, Boralex, SSE, RVO, Van Oord. …etc.
If you are looking for experienced professionals who make your projects reality call us! We strongly believe and promise we support our client with reaching their goals and interests.
How & What
We have learned that to make projects a success you need complementary people, with the appropriate tools, in the right formation to make the difference. WindChain is a typical agile project management organization, bringing our own experienced and skillful people supported by our own software management tools.
Agile also stands for flexible and efficient and is also characterized as ‘lean and mean’. Agile organizing is a way of thinking, working and organizing which enables organisations to respond quickly and effectively to changes and interruptions in the outside world. Customer satisfaction is paramount, with an eye for well-being of employees and the healthy operating results of the organization itself.
Our teams are multidisciplinary, act quickly and independently and they think outside the box. We feel the drive to keep getting better. Agile project organisations agree on a clear working method for teams and groups of teams to work together.
As Client representative we develop, tender and realize energy projects from A to Z to A which means we think and act in terms of circularity. We also offer asset management services during the O&M phase (but are not active in maintenance and monitoring services).
- Circularity strategy
- Final Lifetime WTG strategy
- Renewable energy policy for regional and national government
- Pre-Tender and contract negotiations
- Business case: Levelized Cost Of Electricity (LCOE)
- CAPEX and OPEX calculations
- Permitting and subsidy
- Design strategies
- Procurement strategy; PPA’s, WTG’s , Balance of Plant
- Contracting strategy
- Technical Advisors
- Quality Assurance and Quality Control
- Document Control
- Provide teams of experts for Design, Transport, Installation and Decommissioning
- Perform conceptual and detailed design analyses
- Develop engineering reports and drawings
- Review and evaluate (sub-) contractors’ documents, specifications, drawings, method statements
- Technical evaluation of tenders
- Provide staffing solutions for all required (specialist) engineering positions
- Project Director and Project Managers
- Project strategy
- Contract management
- Provide staffing solutions for all management positions presented below
- Provide staffing solutions for QA/QC, HSE and Risk Management
- Interface management
- Suppliers and subcontractor’s management
- Verification management (MWS (Marine Warranty Surveyors) / Independent Verification Body)
- Fabrication management
- Marshalling yard
- Manage logistics
- Manage hand-over (turnkey projects)
- Manage project planning
- Construction management
- Stakeholder’s management
- Software for Information management, Project Management, Contract Management and Project planning